A hot water system is a requirement in every Australian home, which makes hot water systems a necessity in every household. There is a large variety of hot water systems that are available for purchase in Australia. Read this article to get a better idea of the right hot water system to purchase for you and your family.
Hot Water System Geelong Options
- Natural gas– can be used in both storage water heaters and continuous flow heaters. Natural gas systems are rated according to their energy efficiency and come in both internal and external models. Gas storage heaters have a smaller capacity than off-peak electric ones as they can heat the water up at any time of the day or night as opposed to within a certain time period only. For more information see gas hot water systems.
- Off peak electricity– has similar running costs to a natural gas system but is only available where the hot water system Geelong has a storage capacity of 160 litres or more. The hot water is generally heated overnight for use throughout the day. It cannot be used by continuous flow systems and is available for both internal and external use.
- Solar energy– can provide up to eighty percent of your hot water free of charge, making it a very environmentally friendly option. They are the cheapest hot water system Geelong systems to operate but do have a high initial purchase price. All solar hot water systems come with a “booster” source of power (such as gas or electric) to provide hot water during times when there is little sun. Mains pressure and constant pressure is available. For more information see solar hot water systems.
- Peak electricity– is used for electric continuous flow units and storage water heaters that are smaller than 160 litres in capacity. They can be expensive to run but are very popular in areas where space is limited such as in units and apartments. For more information see electric hot water systems.
- LPG– is used in areas where natural gas is not available. It is suitable for both continuous flow and storage hot water systems.
- Solid fuels– this includes wood, coal, briquettes and so forth, so the cost of the fuels can vary widely. Solid fuels can be used on their own or in conjunction with off peak electricity or solar in constant pressure systems. They cannot be used with mains pressure systems unless a heat exchanger is used and cannot be used in a continuous flow system.
- Heat pumps– is high in efficiency and uses around seventy percent less electricity than other electric hot water systems. They work by extracting heat from the atmosphere using a refrigerant gas and a compressor and using that heat to heat water stored in a tank at ground level.
Hot water system Geelong suppliers can assist with:
- Advising on a suitable hot water system Geelong.
- Hot water system Geelong Installations
- Service and repairs for your hot water system Geelong
- Supply of a hot water system Geelong
- All general plumbing
Choosing the correct Hot Water System Geelong for your home.
Ensure that the hot water system plumber can help you to choose the correct system for the number of people in your household. They should also allow for possible changes in the use of the hot water system Geelong in the future brought about by such things as an expanding family, the introduction of new appliances such as dishwashers and so forth. A reputable plumber can install or replace all types of hot water systems, including electric, gas and solar.
Ensure that the system comes with a warranty, and that the supplier is willing to provide installation in a reasonable time-frame. It is also useful if your supplier can provide emergency repairs or be able to direct you to someone that does.
The best method to find out about a hot water system is to get in touch with a professional plumbing business such as Clearwater Plumbing and Maintenance Geelong.
If you have an issue with a blocked drain Geelong or hot water system Geelong, then you need a 24 hour plumber Geelong, hot water Geelong or an emergency plumber Geelong to service you. You might also reach out to a gas plumber Geelong to help you. Its important that you have a plumber Geelong or drain camera Geelong, leaking tap Geelong, local plumber Geelong, roof plumber Geelong you can trust.
We provide service in and around Geelong. This includes:
Plumber Newtown, Plumber Geelong West, Plumber Geelong East, Plumber Hamlyn Heights, Plumber Waurn Ponds, Plumber Highton, Plumber Corio, Plumber Torquay, Plumber Barwon Heads, Plumber Armstrong Creek, Plumber Batesford, Plumber Bell Park, Plumber Bell Post Hill, Plumber Belmont, Plumber Breakwater, Plumber Ceres, Plumber Curlewis, Plumber Drumcondra, Plumber Fyansford, Plumber Geelong City, Plumber Grovedale, Plumber Herne Hill, Plumber Leopold, Plumber Inverleigh, Plumber Lovely Banks, Plumber Manifold Heights, Plumber Marshall, Plumber Moolap, Plumber Moorabool, Plumber Mount Duneed, Plumber Newcomb, Plumber Norlane, Plumber North Geelong, Plumber North Shore, Plumber Ocean Grove, Plumber Rippleside, Plumber South Geelong, Plumber St Albans Park, Plumber Thomson, Plumber Whittington