There are many things that can go wrong in your home. But one of the most annoying things to go wrong is an issue with drainage system. Its important that you know what is going on with your drainage system to avoid a blocked drain Geelong. Read the article below for some basic plumbing tips to avoid a blocked drain Geelong.
Bathroom Plumbing Tips to prevent a Blocked Drain Geelong
- Having guests visiting for the holidays leads to increases in toilet use, so be sure to tell your guests not to put sanitary products, napkins, or baby wipes in the toilet. Not everyone knows that these items belong in the trash and not in the toilet!
- Ask your guests to use all the toilets in the house to reduce the load on a single toilet and decrease the chance of it getting backed up.
- Make sure there are no items on top of the toilet tank lid and remove any items you may have hanging near or over the toilet bowl. Guests are not used to the way things are positioned in your home and they may accidentally knock an object into the toilet!
- In case of a blockage in your toilet, do not keep flushing: use a plunger to try and dislodge the blocked drain Geelong.
- If your toilet keeps running on, check the position of the flapper inside the tank. It must fit over the hole in the base of the tank, if it’s not fitting properly, use the shut off valve, which is normally located under the tank.
- Place hair traps in all showers and tub drains, as you will have extra guests taking showers and that will add to the amount of hair going down the drain.
Kitchen Plumbing Tips to Prevent a Blocked Drain Geelong
- A lot of cooking will be happening in your kitchen during the holidays. Make sure that whoever is helping you in the kitchen knows what should go in the trash, what can go in the bio container and what ought to go in the garbage disposal (if you have one).
- Avoid putting pasta, rice, coffee grounds, bones, potato skins, egg shells, lettuce or any large amounts of food down the garbage disposal. Remember to run cold water when using it.
- Be sure tonever pour that turkey grease or ham fat down the drain and if you don’t have a garbage disposal make sure you have a strainer in your sinks.
- If your kitchen sink (or any sinks!) gets blocked use vinegar and baking soda solution to help unclog your blocked drain Geelong.
- For dishwashers, make sure you’re removing the food scraps from the dishes and cutlery and rinsing them in the sink so that the debris doesn’t block the dishwasher water line.
What to Do if you Have a Blocked Drain Geelong
If you follow the above advice it should help to keep your drainage system in good running order.
If a blocked drain Geelong should happen don’t panic! Have a good look down the drain and if possible, you may be able to remove the cause. If you have a plunger give it a try failing which you could purchase a drain cleaning product from the supermarket or your local hardware store.
If all the above fails, it’s time to call Clearwater Plumbing Geelong. They have the equipment knowledge and spares to sort your problem out quickly and safely.
If you have an issue with a blocked drain Geelong or hot water system Geelong, then you need a 24 hour plumber Geelong, hot water Geelong or an emergency plumber Geelong to service you. You might also reach out to a gas plumber Geelong to help you. Its important that you have a plumber Geelong or drain camera Geelong, leaking tap Geelong, local plumber Geelong, roof plumber Geelong you can trust.
We provide service in and around Geelong. This includes:
Plumber Newtown, Plumber Geelong West, Plumber Geelong East, Plumber Hamlyn Heights, Plumber Waurn Ponds, Plumber Highton, Plumber Corio, Plumber Torquay, Plumber Barwon Heads, Plumber Armstrong Creek, Plumber Batesford, Plumber Bell Park, Plumber Bell Post Hill, Plumber Belmont, Plumber Breakwater, Plumber Ceres, Plumber Curlewis, Plumber Drumcondra, Plumber Fyansford, Plumber Geelong City, Plumber Grovedale, Plumber Herne Hill, Plumber Leopold, Plumber Inverleigh, Plumber Lovely Banks, Plumber Manifold Heights, Plumber Marshall, Plumber Moolap, Plumber Moorabool, Plumber Mount Duneed, Plumber Newcomb, Plumber Norlane, Plumber North Geelong, Plumber North Shore, Plumber Ocean Grove, Plumber Rippleside, Plumber South Geelong, Plumber St Albans Park, Plumber Thomson, Plumber Whittington